The Mapping Center for Evangelism and Church Growth (MCE) was established July 1, 1997 as a nonprofit Christian ministry. Our scriptural mandate comes from:
- "I have been given all authority over heaven and earth ... go, therefore ..." Matthew 28:18-20
- [the Father's intent] "was that now, through the church ... Now to Him who is able to do far more abundantly beyond all that we ask or think, according to the power that works within us ..." Ephesians 3:10-21
- "If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray ..." 2 Chronicles 7:14
- ... [Righteous Father] ... "I have made you known and will continue to make you known in order that the same love you have for me will be in them, and I myself will be in them." John 17:20-26
We believe God planted each church and ministry with the primary purpose of helping transform their neighbors into vibrant, reproducing disciples of Jesus Christ.
BACKGROUND OF MCE
In 1996, a team of Christians in Kansas City partnered with CRU (Campus Crusade for Christ) in the JESUS Video Project. Through a new prayer-based, relational distribution approach, more than 10,000 Christian households adopted more than 40,000 probable unchurched neighbor homes. During the year those Christians prayed for them, met and ministered to them. Then, during the Christmas Season, they delivered a gift-wrapped Jesus Film VHS tape with cookies and a personal note to those adopted neighbor homes. After Christmas, each participating Christian home had the natural opportunity to follow up when they saw their neighbors.
To help recruit and equip the Christian believers, the leadership team developed the first generation of the unique Online Community Connector outreach system for churches.
This new strategic approach to personal evangelism facilitated several new benefits to the Body of Christ in fulfilling the Great Commission in the United States:
- A much higher percentage of church members than ever before got involved in prayer and personal evangelism with their unchurched neighbors;
- Members of the same church, who are neighbors, met each other for the first time and worked together;
- Neighboring Christian believers met and worked together across church and denominational lines as virtual Gideon’s Armies within their neighborhoods;
- Churches naturally worked together, often for the first time, across denominational lines as the "Church" to complete the Great Commission;
- For the first time, both church and city leadership teams could see maps and progress reports to track the delivery of prayer and the Gospel to virtually every home in the mission field.
Following the success of the Kansas City JESUS Video Project project in 1996; Mission America, the Southern Baptist Convention, Assemblies of God, Nazarenes, CRU (Campus Crusade for Christ), and other Great Commission churches, denominations, city-reaching movements and ministries all collaborated to launch MCE as a 501(c)(3) ministry to serve churches throughout America who ascribed to the Lausanne Covenant.
MCE is now in its 20th year. The Online Community Connector is the result of millions of dollars of investment to create a tool specifically designed from the ground up to support the Great Commission in America. As technology advanced, MCE stayed on the cutting edge, including developing internet-based delivery systems (BlessEveryHome.com) for the church to recruit, equip, mobilize and encourage Christians in America to follow Prayer-Care-Share lifestyles.
This Online Community Connector database contains household level demographic attributes which are all based on either publicly available or self-reported information and the application of highly sophisticated anthroponomastic algorithms (the study of human names).
MCE’s outreach toolbox includes:
- The Online Community Connector, featuring unique mapping tools integrated with the 120 million home database, which is updated every three months. This provides the same tools Fortune 500 companies use to recruit new customers. However, MCE only makes this available for the fulfillment of the Great Commission by helping ministries better understand how to reach out to and connect with their neighbor homes based on their cultures, circumstances and needs. This unique outreach database includes the ability to identify immigrant households by ethnicity, language and probable religious orientation for the purpose of sharing the Gospel with them and raising up indigenous church planting missionaries who will help fulfill the Great Commision throughout the world;
- The New Mover Weekly Hotline, which posts new neighbor homes who moved in from outside the community (This is the "low-hanging-fruit" for any church serious about growing and fulfilling the Great Commission);
- BLESSeveryhome.com, which equips church members to be Mission Outposts for the church by providing mobile friendly, color-coded tracking maps and daily email to minister to their neighbors
Over the 20-year history of MCE, millions of neighborhood prayer lists have been generated and distributed to members of thousands of churches in many Christian denominations.
If you are a Christian believer, pastor or ministry leader, we would love privilege to serve you in completing the Great Commission throughout your mission field. Please contact us at email@example.com.